Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Oceanography

When I was little I wanted to grow up to be a lot of different things, one job aspiration I had was to be an oceanographer. I have a strong love for the beach but I am terrified of sea things! I do enjoy a fun dolphin when I see them (I love swimming with them too!) I even love to pet the occasional sting ray...but other than that I'm not big on things that swim. Fish are gross and they have teeth and I know they think its funny to swim past your leg. It's not funny, not at all. Every time I'm at the beach I can't help but be a little scared of what is lurking in the water below me. The five times I have snorkeled in my life, last time I was 17, every time I ended up in tears. SOBBING tears. Probably because I have a mean little brother and dad that thinks it is funny to scare me. Well it's not. I'm a baby, I admit it.

So i guess it's a good thing my dream of being an oceanographer died after my first interaction with a jelly fish.

But I read this article, typical I know, on Yahoo! about the ocean. It's about how Big the ocean is. Apparently it's a lot smaller than originally presumed. I found it interesting. Who knew! The ocean is a vast body with lots still to be searched and discovered! But good thing I am not studying to be an oceanographer, I don't want to do all that searching!

No comments:

Post a Comment