Friday, May 7, 2010

hohum.

Well after spending about 2 hours at the CU Humane Society yesterday we left empty handed. Cooper met 5 different bunnies. We were trying to match him up with one, while also matching me too! I after all will be the momma, I have to like it too!

The first bunny we met, was the  one I had been eyeing on the website. She is a gorgeous lop bunny, like Coop, and is about his age. Well she was just a big fluffy grouch! First off she was HUGE...way bigger than Cooper, who weighs about 5 lbs. And she was just not feeling me or Cooper.
Then the funniest looking bunny was brought in, Hanna an Angora bunny mix. Oh lordy did she make me chuckle. She had a lion mane, and was a real pretty grey color. I would have re-named her mamaw! She looked just like a grandma! But she was a little too hyper-active for me and another lady was looking at her and decided to take her home.

Then, the tiniest little bunny, weighing in at about 1 lbs. and only 6 mo. old was little Lilly. She was the sweetest and softest bunny ever, she nuzzled up to me, my heart melted and I was sold. Then we put her down, and she mounted Cooper and began to hump hump hump away! That little lady has yet to be fixed! Then they started to fight. :( Lilly also maybe has some medical issues. She is being fixed today, and having some issues (mainly her eye) checked out. So next week when I go back, we might try her again if she is still available. She was so adorable.But on my college budget I am not sure I could handle any medical bills if she needed them.

Then we met with a bunny, that was so lovable, but really hated Cooper. She attacked him, and it was Bye Bye to her!

 Then...my favorite of the day was Abby. Abby is five years old (a little older than what I wanted.) But she was sweet as pie. She was so elegant and beautiful I just fell in love. But by this time, she was Coopers 5th bunny- he was hungry and tired and I could tell he didn't want to make anymore friends. So we called it a day. I plan on going back next Thursday to see the selection and try Abby and Lilly again, if they are still available.

I had a great day hanging out with my mom and meeting new creatures, plus the people at the CU Humane Society are just fantastic! They are so helpful, informative and friendly!  Please consider adopting animals from shelters, check out your local humane society. They are really fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment