Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Television

A couple of weeks ago Brandon asked me to do something with him one evening. My response was something like "sorry I can't Grey's is on, can we do it after?" he replied with "I can't believe you make plans based on what TV shows are on," I replied with a statement of denial. I ABSOLUTELY do not base my life and plans off TV shows...well I got to thinking, I ABSOLUTELY DO! It's horrible, I am just now realizing.  Especially with the end of the Bachelor...what I am going to do on Monday night's when I get out of class? Am I actually going to visit with my roommates or go out or do homework? I am already contemplating if I should get into DWTS...I don't know, can I afford one more night of dedication to the tube? When Glee comes back my Wednesday's are taken up, my Thursday's are on overload, I just don't know if I can add another night of television obsession.... but I loooove it! Television is an escape, an out. I get lost in it, in the love affairs of the Grey's crew, the drama of the Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants, and the nerdyness of Glee. I love it. They are everything I am not, yet everything I am all at the same time.

I know people without TV's and I don't know how they survive. Maybe my love with TV is far too deep, but when you're in love it's hard to fall out of it.

Last night the Bachelor came to an end. Jake listened to the voice of his little man and picked Vienna. Maybe it's the bitch in me, but I do not know what he see's in her. I do not think she is pretty, nice, or good for him. But who am I at all to say. I am def. looking forward to May, when Allie is the Bachelorette! Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment