Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My dearest little Penelope is hurt. I am very very very upset about this. She jumped off my bed this weekend and didn't land properly. After a day of sitting still, not eating much, and falling over (scariest part!) I took her to the emergency vet Sunday night. The vet said she looked fine and we were on our way. Nel perked back up and started moving some more. Monday I found her lying in her cage, arms and legs flat out to the side, she did not want to get up, or she can't get up. When I lift her back to her feet she seems to do okay, she will move around a little bit, but if she falls she can't get back up. I feel so bad because I can't tell how much pain, if any she is in. Bunnies don't really make noises or do anything to signal pain. She fell over a couple times this morning was was much more mobile. I just hate not knowing how she feels, my heart is very very sad right now.   And poor Cooper, he spent so much time cuddling her and comforting her but now he wants to play! I don't think he really understands, he is not getting a whole lot of attention and my boy bunny needs ALL the attention. I just hope that my Nel starts feeling better soon. I need her too, I'm too much of a worry-wart.

I already feel bad for the children I don't have yet, ahh I hope I'm not going to be a helicopter parent!

I just wish I knew what to do for Nel, I am just trying to make her as happy as she can be. I am cuddling her and loving on her. I hope it's nothing worse than just a sore arm & leg. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment