Monday, July 25, 2011

A weekend in Indy...

Our future home.
Our  Future  Home
It is now starting to get incredibly real that Jeff and I will be moving in together in the next month.  We will be leaving the comforts of our parents, of school, of Illinois.  
So we spent the weekend in Indy and had a really great time.  I had an interview on Saturday...which will hopefully bring a big announcement later this week!  We apartment hunted, which was a HUGE bust and will lead us back to Indy this weekend for apartment hunting part 2. We had an incredibly nice dinner downtown; followed by a great evening in the city with the man of my dreams.  We went to an Indianapolis Indians game, drank a couple beers and had a great time.  Went to a couple down town bars and sat and talked for a long time about what is to come the next few months.  I am so excited to start this life of mine, to get out on my own and have a career and a future; but I mostly excited about spending that future with this guy. 
Alright but enough with the mushy. 
Guess what, I TOOK SOME PICTURES this weekend!  I mean, I only took a few and I didn't have my camera so they are phone pics.  But still, people this is progress! 
A lovely dinner at St.Elmo's! 



At the Indians game...and look what we can also see...LUCAS OIL! 
We ended up moving to that section across the field that is empty...it was much nicer than being crammed next to a family that was kind of rude. 

The view from our new seats and look that's our hotel! 
One of my drinks from the night.  A white sangria.  It was lovely and refreshing, but lacking in white wine and size.  I am for sure going to make my own sometime very soon. Recipe....White Wine (I had this one made with a sauvignon blanc.), peach juice, sprite.  I want to make it with all the same but add some pears, apples, grapes and strawberries...a sangria needs to have fruit!  And a lemon and orange wedge don't count! 

And the delicious water in the lobby...every day it is a new flavor.  The day we checked out it was honeydew and cantaloupe!  And it seriously is the most wonderful tasting thing ever!  


Happy Happy Monday to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment