Sunday, July 17, 2011

Demolition Derby, anyone?

A nearby town was having their annual community fair.  We didn't have anything else to do, so my parents and I went.  We told my brother we were going and he told us about the Demolition Derby and that one of his buddies would be partaking.  Alright, we thought, could be fun and interesting.  We had never been to a demo derby before.  WHOA.  Oh my god, this event was unlike any I had ever been to; I almost felt like I was on another planet.  I was completely out of my element.  But all in all it was a fun time.
Look at how crunched at that car it.  The "officials" were keeping a close eye on it and the white car that was ramming it because they were concerned that the nose of the white car was all the way up to the drivers seat. EEpp!  But everything ended up fine. No injuries, just lots of crunched up cars.
This car was hit so hard its back end went over the concrete barriers. 

This is my brother's friend.  This was his first derby and unfortunately he had a problem with his car and ended up getting picked on by the other cars.  He didn't last too long.  But look at all that flying mud.  We certainly were glad we sat up at the top of the bleachers...mud was flying every where. 
And the car being shoveled off the track. 
And this nice gentleman was something else.  He was sitting two rows below us and was the best source of entertainment while we were waiting for the derby to start. He witnessed his "best friends" wife at the derby with another man.  He took a picture of the two of them and sent it to her....then the man she was with started yelling and the three of them were verbally fighting the whole time.  I am no genus by any means...but lady, if you are cheating on your husband don't take your boyfriend to your towns biggest event! It was seriously hysterical to witness.  Classy folks out at the derby, I am telling you! 

Happy Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment