Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Mmmhhhmmmm I love to bake!
Today I made a favorite treat for my dad; pineapple upside down cake & cupcakes!
Ingredients....yes I used a box mix, the recipes I were finding used box mix.  But instead of the water that the recipe called for I used the pineapple juice.  That gave the actual cake a pineapple flavor. Recipe and directions at end of post.


The cupcakes.  In the bottom of the cupcake pan I melted butter and added a spoonful of brown sugar then added my pineapple wedge and a cherry.  


Finished product, a delicious cupcake! 



The cake! My dad doesn't like cherries so I only put a few on there.  I would have preferred much more.  But same deal for the cake, in the bottom of the pan before adding the cake mix I mixed together a concoction of melted butter and brown sugar then added pineapple rings and cherries. 


MY dad and Jeff have already had two cupcakes a piece! They are giving rave reviews! 

Recipe for cake or cupcakes
1 box of yellow cake 
1/3 cup of oil
1 cup of pineapple juice or water
3 eggs

Topping
3/4 cup of brown sugar (I would actually recommend using a cup or even 1 1/4 cup)
6 tablespoons of butter 
Pineapple rings 
Cherries

Pre-heat oven to 350 (I put the colt butter in the pan and threw it in the oven while it pre-heated. Melted the butter perfectly.)
Mix cake ingredients together 
Mix topping together, evenly layer on bottom of pan or cupcake pan
Add cherry and pineapple ring or wedge 
For cake bake for 32 minutes.
For cupcakes bake for 17 minutes

Cool for a minute, flip upside down...and ENJOY! 



No comments:

Post a Comment