Friday, April 9, 2010

Milk.

I just had this random thought about milk...and I'll tell you why.

Lately I have been having some conversations with my roommates and friends about the fact that I don't really like milk. I never really have. When I was a kid it was a dinner requirement to always have a glass of milk. Well I would always drink my milk last, so it would go from cold to room temperature. And room temperature milk is not good! So that kind of ruined any chance of relationship for Milk and I. Then when I lived in my sorority house last year the house mom would put ice cubes in her milk...SICK! That really grossed me out. Plus the milk came out of bag...double sick.  I just have never been a fan of milk.

Sometimes my sour relationship (lol..im kind of funny) with milk can cause problems. Like when I go to make my favorite food...Mac n Cheese, I don't always have milk handy, or this morning when I needed some breakfast I have a box of Lucky Charms but no milk. I had to opt for a bologna sandwich (which was delicious) but prob not the best breakfast option.

Then here is where my random thought came into play...when I have children will I make them drink milk? What will I drink at dinner...how will I set a good example for my children? I know my parents were only trying to do what was best for me by making me drink milk at dinner, but it backfired. Usually for dinner I have a Pepsi...it seems to be the only beverage that is refreshing at dinner time. Maybe I will drink juice, like V8 Splash (if it's still around) or Crystal Light....hmmm....

I also think I need to start taking a calcium supplement...us girls need all we can get!

haha..I'm still giggling about my sour relationship joke. Ah I am really something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment