Saturday, August 13, 2011

What do you do to stay healthy?

I am really kicking into gear over here.  I said all summer that I needed to workout and get myself into shape...I am a really great talker, but a bad "do-er".  But I am finally doing it. 

Last week I started waking up when my alarm goes off, instead of hitting the snooze button five times. I get up between 5:45 and 5:55 every morning and do a quick workout from Exercise TV, its free OnDemand.  I say quick, because I HATE to exercise, I really dread it, even though I know how great it makes me feel. 

I love that I get up right away, workout from 6-6:20, then I have time to eat breakfast (a good breakfast too!), visit with Jeff and then get ready for the day. No more rushing around before work.

Exercise TV is really great because they offer 10 minute workouts.  They have many different types; whole body, butt/thighs, arms/chest, abs, cardio, etc. So last week was my experimenting week, I did a little bit of everything. Some mornings only doing one workout, some mornings doing one workout plus a yoga cool-down (I'm still not very good at yoga and I feel like an IDIOT doing it).  But I kept up with it all week.  And let me tell you, it felt sssooo good.  What they say is true (whoever they are) getting up in the morning for a workout does get you ready for the whole day. I feel more energized, happier, and prettier. And I got up and started it all over this week!  YAY ME! 

I did decide to kick up the intensity of the workouts,  I did the cardio!  I hate cardio...let me tell you again, I hate cardio!  I will squat all day long and do leg lifts like it's my job.  Make me jump around...no thanks.  But this cardio video made me fall in love.  I have never felt better after a workout. I was sweating, I was burning, I was thrilled.  Denise Austin was a great leader...I really need someone I like leading the workout. Even though, I hate when these women look gorgeous while they are working out.  I am in all my morning glory when I workout, aka, a hot mess! 



I am also keeping a food log.  I do not want to diet, in no way shape or form do I need to diet. But I want to be more aware of what I am eating.  Sometimes I fall victim to eating because I am bored or because I just want to, I need to stop that.  I am thinking a food log will hold me accountable for when and what I eat.

Do you keep a food log? If yes, does it help?  Do you workout regularly?  Yes, what types of workouts do you do?  What trainers do you like?

Happy Day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment