Monday, August 8, 2011

My hunnybee

As Jeff and I approach our nine month anniversary I want to take just a second to put a few thoughts in writing about how lucky I am to be in love with the world's greatest hunny. 
These past nine months have been a whirlwind. They have been filled with ups, downs, tears, fears, laughs and smiles; but they have been an incredible nine months.
It all began in a classroom...
I never thought this "frat" guy wearing gym shorts, a party t-shirt and a baseball hat in my COM 393 class would be the guy to sweep me off my feet and whisk me away to a place where I felt safe, comfortable, relaxed and beyond happy.  But he did.  In a matter of weeks I was so deeply in love with him it kind of made me want to barf...and I know it really made him want to barf.  I couldn't believe that we would stay up all night talking and laughing...this boy makes me laugh unlike anyone I have ever met.  But let me tell you, I can get a good chuckle out of him every now and then too. 
I am so lucky to have this man in my life.  He is supportive, understanding and always makes me feel better when I am being an insecure idiot or a nervous wreck.  He lets me pinterest all day long and dance like a goon in the car, even when stopped at red lights. He lets me eat pizza all the time and picks me up and gives me a twirl when he hugs me in the morning.  He tells me every single day that I am gorgeous and kisses me on the forehead and cheek after kissing my lips.  He puts up with my family and our incredibly bizarre dinner table conversations. He even pretends to love Cooper for me.
He is packing up his life and moving for me us. He is leaving the comfortable confines of Chicago and of Peoria.  Leaving friends and family to venture into the unknown withh me. He has been working a shitty job so just he can be in Champaign to be with me. I appreciate that more than anything.
It is hard to believe that a year ago I didn't even know this guy exsisted. I had no clue I would be here with him.  These past nine months have been the happiest of my life, because of him. 

So Jeffrey Michael, Hunny Bee....Thank you.  Thank you for putting up with my bullshit antics (well, I do put up with yours too... :D) thank you for putting on a brave face and for being so willing to move away with me.  Seventeen days until it's just the two of us (and Coop) in our fabulous apartment in fabulous Indy.  I can not wait to be with you everyday for the rest of my life.  I love you more than words or a silly little blog post could ever describe.

Forever and ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment