Monday, August 22, 2011

Welcome Back!

via
Whew—it has been a long week.  Last week I was MIA because I was in Indy taking a class on life and health insurance.  The class was long and at points boring, but I learned a lot.  After the class (M-Th 8-5, yeah long!) I had to take the life and health insurance exam, I was so nervous but I only had to pass…and I DID!! I was so happy and relieved!  I tend to be an anxious test taker, I over think and get worried so I just hurry myself along and forget to READ the questions!  But I went into this test confident.  I actually ended up really enjoying the material I learned.  Yes life and health insurance is a boring topic, but it is all very applicable and useful in everyday life!  If you need life insurance let me know! J 
When I got home Friday, I was exhausted.  I took a short nap with Jeff and then he made a delicious dinner for my parents and I as a “thank you” for having him all summer.  He made delicious beer can chicken, grilled corn on the cob and mashed potatoes.  YUM!  After dinner my momma rewarded me for my hard work all week with frozen custard…MY FAVORITE!  Chocolate with peanut butter cups…hello wonderful.  Then Jeff and I sat on the patio enjoying a few beers and talking about all that is to come in the next few weeks!  Unfortunately some things are not going as planned, but whatever does right?  I am just incredibly excited to be moving into a wonderful apartment in one of my favorite cities with my favorite person.
 I am also super excited to be closer to family.  Since I have always lived far from family I took them for granted.  I never realized how wonderful it is to be close to family. Jeff lives within 45 minutes of most of his family.  He grew up seeing his grandparents every weekend and having close relationships with is aunts and uncles and cousins.  I never really had that. But after having dinner with my uncle and his family last week I am sssssoooo excited to be close to them.  I can watch my younger cousin grow up; see her play sports and become a beautiful young lady.  I can watch my older cousin, who I have always adored, and her little family grow.  I am also excited to be closer to my grandma. I love my grandma more than words can describe, I look forward to seeing her as often as I can. 
The countdown is coming to an end and will be here before I know it….4 days!  I can hardly wait! 
Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment