Thursday, April 28, 2011

Movies & Books...

My ALL time favorite book is the Time Traveler's Wife. 
I was excited when I found out they were making it into a movie, but disappointed when the movie was not all that similar to the book. I didn't think the characters worked, the polt wasn't the same, it wasn't nearly as romantic...but you know that's how it usually goes.  I love the movie as a seperate entity from the book...they just share a title and simmilar ideas.























So when my second favorite book, Water for Elephants, was turned into a movie I was sceptical.  Then I saw the first trailer...and thought...WHAT? Robert Pattinson as Jacob...no way!  But the trailer interguied me.  The colors, the backdrop, vintage feel it all worked perfectly.  So when I found out that I had last Friday off work I was pretty pumped to go see the movie.  















And you know what...the movie did the book justice.  They left a few things out that I thought were vital to the plot of the book, but it worked out well in the end.  The acting was phenomenal...and everything flowed so well.  I was quite pleased. 
Bravo!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment