Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's a dashboard kind of day.

Sometimes I love it that very very few read this. I can type what I want to and not feel judged. Today needs to be one of those days. 

My day started out great. I woke up before my alarm...like 20 minutes before. So I stayed in bed and watched Sports Center. Then I got up and took a glorious shower and my hair dried perfectly into lovely little spiral curls. My hair has not looked this good in years. I stopped by DD and got a delicious ice coffee and came to work. Work was good all morning, slow and steady. I was able to get so much work done. Then I remembered that I register for classes at the end of this month....that's when things turned ugly... My advisor last semester told me that (at that moment, spring 2010) I needed 24 hours to graduate. 12 hours in the fall and 12 in the spring. And it worked out perfectly. I only had that many classes to take. perfect. wonderful. easy.

NO.

Today I get on, and see something confusing...91 hours completed 33 left. Excuse me? No, I only have 12 left, now. So I thought, okay I'm bad with math, lets calculate. 33-12 (that I am taking now...) = 21. Okay that's weird, still doesn't work out. I know I do not have 21 hours left, I only have 4 classes to take. What am I missing? Not sure. So I had a small panic attack (yeah, I have them now, a lot) and e-mailed the associate dean who is fantastic and way smarter than my advisor. She confirmed that I do indeed need 21 hours to graduate. I cried. Sobbed, actually. At work. I cry a lot at work now a days. She assured me that we will make it work. We set up an appointment for Friday.

It really sucks to think you are 4 classes (easy classes) away from graduation but really you are 7? So next semester will be a crappy one. And my parents are going to have to pay the outrageous costs for me to take a J.Term.

My schedule for next semester was going to be awesome, too. I already had it all set. Hopefully I can still take the piano class I want to take. I'm thinking it will calm me down? Maybe...

So after crying three times today, a large cherry coke and a disgustingly greasy cheeseburger (w/bacon) from steak n shake I am ready to cuddle up in bed with my snuggle bear and watch a movie, something sappy.  But I still have to work until five and then finish painting the office. Why the hell did I volunteer to do this? It took me two days to paint my office, and Brad's office is at least 4 times the size of mine. So I will be here until late tonight.

I am such a baby.

I wish I were still in Puerto Rico with my momma. Not worrying about anything. I always worry. I worry so much. I need to stop.

Why did my good day have to get all crappy.
Why do I let it get crappy.
Uggghhhhh.

On a brighter note, my nails are OPI's Jade Is The New Black. It's pretty funky. I like it.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment