Monday, June 14, 2010

I'm baaack!

I got back from Mississippi Saturday evening and have been exhausted since. I slept the majority of Sunday and now I am dragging at work. My boss even brought me Starbucks this morning because he could hear how tired I was on the phone!

I was in Mississippi for Catholic Heart Workcamp and it was a blast! I had gone twice in high school and went this year as an adult chaperon. What a totally different experience it was!  I didn't go with a big group of friends, I actually only knew a couple people going and I was there to set an example and be an adult! I really felt so proud to be a young girl with tremendous faith.
And I felt wicked awesome when some of the high schoolers thought I was 25! Oh Yeah!

I was so nervous to go on this trip with high schoolers that I did not know at all and a couple adults that I only kind of knew. Two other adults were from my graduating class. But everything was great! I quickly got to know all the adult chaperons better and I even got close with a few of the campers!

I was so blessed all week and I have never felt closer to God or stronger in my faith. I am truly blessed to have an amazing relationship with the Lord. I am thankful that I was strong enough to come out of my very comfortable comfort zone and go on this trip.

I will blog more about it later and hopefully have some pictures I can put up!

No comments:

Post a Comment