Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 14, 2011



I did it.
I graduated college. I spent four years at Bradley University and I made it through.
I made it through statistics, biology, chemistry, astronomy, sociology and many many communication classes. I made it through two freshman room mates, living in a sorority house with twenty-six girls, living in my first off campus and my second off campus house.  I made it through hard times and good times, sad times and happy times. I made it through a handful of part-time jobs.  I made it through a break up and a wonderful new relationship.

But I could not have done it alone.  I have my incredible parents to thank for supporting me.  I have my mom to thank for always listening while I cried into the phone when my spirits were low and just driving up for lunch some days.  I have my dad to thank for sending me the most amazing care packages stuffed with my favorite snacks.  I have my boyfriend to thank for supporting me through the last year...which was by far the hardest on me emotionally.  And I have the Lord to thank for blessing me with so much.

College was hard.  School has never been my "thing". I am smart but I am also lazy. I get discouraged easily and  too often compare myself to others.  But I DID IT.  And now it is so weird to be a college graduate.
Do I look different? Can people tell I just graduated? It really doesn't matter because it feels really good.

WOOOHHH I AM DONE! 
Jeff and I right after we got our diplomas!




Me with my fabulous parents



After the ceremony. 

On the next chapter...we'll see where that leads us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment