Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'm a Bulldog...

So this has been about a year and a half in the making but after a lot of thought and many long chats and some soul searching in January I finally decided to complete my application to graduate school that I had chickened out from completing last year; well last week I got the big news that I had been accepted! eeps! In the fall I will be going back to school. I am excited/nervous/scared, I want to vomit and I want to jump up and down. I have so many different emotions running through me right now. Jeff asked why I wasn't acting more excited....well because I am freaking out, school is hard, time consuming and expensive. I am thrilled that I was accepted and that I rocked my interview and I love Butler. BUT having a full time job and going to school will be tricky. But this is something I want so badly - so I need to put aside my fears and kiss my nerves goodbye and kick some mega grad school behind. When I see myself in five years I see myself being a high school counselor and that makes me more excited than anything else. In order to do that and be there I need to be in graduate school.   It feels really awesome to be heading where I want to be and I am pretty excited to be a Bulldog.

A big huge thank you is also necessary to my parents and Jeffrey for supporting me and giving me the push I needed to get this done.
(and maybe a small thank you to my desk job for making me realize I can not do that for the rest of my life!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment