Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm a Charlotte

Well....my trip to North Carolina did not go as perfectly as I had planned in my head.
(I need to stop doing that...you know perfectly planning things out in my head....I never brace myself for a letdown.)
I drove down with my Dad Tuesday evening. Got to Charlotte at about 3 a.m. Wednesday.
Had my first interview Wednesday afternoon.
That was a bust.
In the first five minutes I knew that I was not what the agent was looking for.
So that was a huge ego killer right off the bat.
I tried to be as positive as my anxiety would allow me to be....which is not very positive.

My dad and I spent the rest of the day driving around the Huntersville area...15 miles north of Charlotte.
I LOVE THIS AREA!
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!
We did some apartment hunting and I found the most perfect of perfect apartments.
Which was a highlight of the day.
But I was still pretty bummed about my interview.
And it certainly did not help that I was super tired and missing my hunny so much.
So we called it a night pretty early.
I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed on Thursday with a brand new attitude and a smile on my face.
I was off to my second interview.
A young agent, looking to grow his business.
He was located in a super trendy part of town.
Had a killer office...which is always a plus.
The interview was FANTASTIC!
We talked for an hour and twenty minutes.
Good solid talk, too...no bullshit.
Just the good stuff.
He gave me a book to read and said he would be in touch...
So I left super happy!
Did a little more exploring.
Drove into Charlotte.
Ate at Chick-fil-A ....uber yumm
And was feeling pretty good about myself and my next meeting with the State Farm Executive in the area.
Well...boy o boy was in for something when I sat down for that meeting.
I was ripped apart.
This man liked NOTHING about me.
Nothing.
I don't even think he liked the sound of my voice.
I have never experienced that before.
This man just hated me.
After a very short meeting with him, I shook his hand, thanked him for his time and smiled the prettiest, happiest Kati smile of all time and walked out the door.
I put my sunglasses on, hustled to my car, and cried.
Cried like no one's business.
Did I really drive all the way to North Carolina with the fantasy that everyone was going to love me, that I was going to get offered a job on the spot, come back to IL, finish school, move away and live happily ever after....and was it all crumbling before my eyes?
YES.
That was indeed happening.
Me and my stupid dream world that I live in.
I swear my head is filled with nothing but fluffy white clouds, glitter, butterflies and puppies.
I live in a totally unrealistic world where everything is going to be perfect and life will just present its self to me on a silver  platinum platter.
So I called Jeffrey, who was in South Padre...and just let it all out.
I was mad that he wasn't there with me.
I was mad that my dad was being logical instead of mushy gushy.
I was mad that the first agent didn't want me.
I was mad at this old rude man that tore me apart.
I was MAD.
Why weren't things working out?
What happened?
So my dad took me out for some much needed beer.
I needed to relax and not worry about what happened.
But if you know me....you know that I worry...and I don't relax very well.
So I worried.
The terrible imperfect events never left my mind.
Again...was I really planning to just pick my life up and move away...and was it really not working out right now?
Yep. That is exactly what was going on.
So Friday morning we packed up and hit the road....headed back home.
I got lost in my book, so I wouldn't think about anything else.
So I wouldn't dwell on what had happened and what I couldn't change.


So that's that.
I guess I have a lot of thinking to do, and more interviews to set.
We'll see where the next few months go.........

Happy Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment