Thursday, June 9, 2011

Just got to admit it...

Jeff and I graduated from Bradley on Saturday and on Monday we hit the road to spend the week in Charlotte. We had meetings to attend and apartments to hunt for.  I have been waiting to write about the trip because I was not sure what was going to pan out.  I was nearly 100% certain that I was going to land a job. I had been talking to an agent since spring break, and I knew I was going to fit well with his office...well plans changed. Well the State Farm Agent that was *going* to hire me ended up deciding he did not need to add a new team member.  
Today was supposed to be the day.  All our stuff was supposed to be packed in tight in a U-hall, the gas tanks were supposed to be filled and the everyone was supposed to be ready to hit the road and move me and Jeff to Charlotte, North Carolina.  Well...it hurts my heart to say this, but the move has been put on hold. Let me repeat it has been put on HOLD not cancelled, just postponed. 
I have accepted a job with a State Farm agent in Champaign  (I start Monday)  I will live at home and save money.  Then in September, when our bank accounts are fuller and we are in a more stable position to move...it will happen.  But for now, it will be a summer of working, seeing Jeffrey on the weekends and waiting for September to roll around.  

Heading down to Charlotte

Happy Thursday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment