Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

To help celebrate Father's Day I decided to make my golf loving dad some golf themed cupcakes!  I originally got the idea from pinterest.
I did cheat a little bit and used a Betty Crocker mix...banana flavor, yum! I also used Betty Crocker plain vanilla icing, my dad is not a cream cheese icing fan, so plain vanilla it was.

I had to make the flags because I could not find any at the store.  I used small flat wooden sticks from Michael's craft store. I striped them myself with a black Sharpie.  The flag part was made with yellow scrapbook paper and them I used Mod Podge to hold it together. 
I used the same white icing but added some blue food coloring to make the water hazard.  Put it in a plastic bag and piped it onto the cupcake. 
To make the sand trap I used crushed graham crackers. 


And what baking/decorating experience wouldn't be complete without a mess?  I spilled the "golf balls" all over the counter and on the floor.  

And there we have it! Golf themed cupcakes! 

1 comment:

  1. Kati, these are absolutely adorable! I love them & I hope your dad did too!

    ReplyDelete