Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spice up your life...

I'm not sure if anyone else can relate to me here but....I love the Spice Girls with all my heart.  I always have and I can pretty much guarantee that I always will.

You see this dates back to second or third grade when these outrageous women first popped on the music scene.  My dad was apart of this "club"? where we got super cheap CD's, every month we would get a catalog of CD's and we could order whatever we wanted for just a few cents...anyone remember this?  Well anyways the first CD's I ever got are still my favorites.  The Wallflowers, Lisa Loeb, Jewel and The Spice Girls.
While I am pretty sure listening to NYSNC or 98degrees would make my ears bleed the Spice Girls will always be a favorite of mine.  I have all their CD's on my laptop, on my phone, on my iTouch and in actual CD form for when I want to pop on in while I am in the car.

Anyone know what kind of love I am talking about here?  The first dances I ever choreographed and performed for my family and neighbors were to The Spice Girls.  Every time I hear one of their songs I am immediately back in Maine with my best friends dancing in the backyard without a care in the world, cool grass in my toes and warm sun on our faces. These memories are some of the happiest of my life and they are feelings/memories I never want to forget.
So thanks Spice Girls for keeping me young, keeping me happy and always reminding me that if you can't dance, you can't do nothing for me baby and that if times are rough or if I am having a bad day all I need to do is zigazig ahh. 
Anyone else have a band like this?

Happy Thursday everyone!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJLIiF15wjQ&ob=av2e 


No comments:

Post a Comment